In To The Boreal Forest: The Witch's Trail Kit
What does a witch actually carry in the northern woods?
My trail bag isn't just filled with practical items. Somewhere between the first aid kit, flashlight, snacks, and bear spray, you'll find a lot of protection, and a few items with stories of their own.
Come take a peek inside the Northern Spirit Witch's trail bag...
I use an old messenger bag that I had when I was in college. It has many pockets to hold all my trail witch essentials. Its easy access and I can grab whatever tool I need.
Now lets talk about what's inside my trail bag. I will show you all the practical items first!
Because no amount of witchcraft is going to fix a scraped knee...
Next up is something that isn't very witchy, but I definitely have it on me when I'm deeper in the woods: Bear Spray.
If I'm out in the woods, and want to be prepared when hiking, camping, or out foraging I carry bear spray because you never know what you might encounter on the trail!
Of course, being prepared doesn't stop the wildlife. If I'm going to be out in the woods, especially later in the day, I want to be able to see where I'm going. That's where my flashlight comes in.
Now that I've made sure I can actually see where I'm going, Lets talk about something important - food and water! Because wandering around the woods burns calories, and also you need to keep hydrated!
Now that we have covered some of the practical things I carry with me, lets get into the magickal items that makes this trail bag uniquely mine...
My old athame!
I was given this athame many years ago from a friend. You can tell it has been sharpened a lot! I've had it sitting in a drawer and thought it should be added to my trail bag! I use it to cut plants, dig up roots, and dig holes to put spells or spell remains back into the earth. Also, it serves as a form of protection.
My athame isn't the only piece of protection magic that comes into the woods with me. I also carry my protection charm that I made myself, Which I wrote about in an earlier post here.
And apparently one form of protection wasn't enough for this witch... I also carry a shaker jar. It's actually an Appalachian Traveler's Shaker Jar that I've adopted.
So I'm going to show you how to make this easy shaker jar:
What you need: a small jar, mugwort, and a black stone or bead.
What to do: Put the mugwort and the stone/bead into the jar, close it shut ( seal with wax optional) and it is done!
When you are out in the woods or even walking around the neighborhood, you just shake the jar when you feel the vibes are off.
I love having little pieces of magick like this with me because they don't take up much room, but they carry a lot of meaning.
So, between the magick, the protection, the practical items, and the snacks, that pretty much sums up what I carry in my Northern Witch's trail bag.
Do you have a trail bag? and if do, what items do you carry?
⚝Cyn Craft⚝








Comments
Post a Comment